I Forge Iron

Reviews of Big Blu anvils?

Lance77

Been doing some looking around for a new anvil. The large Peddinghaus is my lead option at the moment. However, the Big Blu anvils look great too. I can’t find any recent reviews or feedback on the Big Blu though, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments. Thanks!

I checked them out at last year's ABANA conference and was impressed. Great rebound and apparently very well made. They aren't cheap and if I were looking for a new anvil I'd look at Rhino anvils too. Great anvils for the price and somewhat cheaper than the Big Blu.  But if you want the best and can afford it get a Refflinghaus, I bought one a few years back and have never regretted it for a minute.

I have a Big Blu, one of the 260 lb ones. Had it for 3-4 years now, and it's been great. Good rebound, plenty of space to work. Face isn't quite as hard as some anvils I've worked on, but I have no complaints at all. What else would you like to know? I'd be happy to answer any questions

Thanks Gor, great to hear some personal experience with that particular anvil. I was looking at the 260 pounder as well. Do you have the stand they make? And if so, what are your thoughts on it?  It seemed like a nice combination and well designed for pairing up with their anvil.

Lance, I bought the stand with the anvil. It's solid, and the 3 leg design keeps it from wobbling. The top plate matches the footprint of the anvil, so there's no odd bits sticking out. The only thing I'd change would be a rack for tools or whatnot, but that's easy enough to do with a welder.

Glad I could help. I picked the Big Blu because I could drive and pick it up, honestly. I wanted to avoid shipping and also see where it came from. All that aside, I'm really happy with it. I may someday look into some of the other modern day American made companies, but that would be more out of curiosity than need.