I Forge Iron

More weird tools to help ID

Kozzy

Another couple of oddball items came into the Agricultural museum and landed on my desk to try and figure out.  These don't ring a bell at all so are a bit of a longshot.

Tool 1 is some sort of extension screw.  The wear patterns imply that the arrowhead shape was pushed into something-but it's not sharp in any way nor shaped like it would go inside anything round.

Tool 2 is just a spring wire of some sort.  Squeezing what looks like a "handle" moves the loops across each other but doesn't spread them apart.  They sort of get hooked together so I'm not even sure the handle part is supposed to be a handle:  You can make it act that way but you have to tweak the other end to free it before the loops move.

Every seen anything like these?  Guesses to narrow down a search?

Thanks

157gqxd.jpg

9uqdes.jpg

Greetings Kozzy,

My good old boys guess is ...  The adjuster with the Acme threads is from a table saw or similar machine.. The clamp was probably made to close a burlap bag..  That's what I got.. HAVE FUN

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

Jim Coke: You might be on track about the table saw idea.  Could be that the "arrowhead" was forced between basically 2 pins/similar to spread them and raise the blade...or something similar on a different machine.

I have to think about the burlap sack thing.  Most of the wheat sacks around here were burlap but they were sewn (usually by hand right on the early combines) rather than tied off.  Sewer was basically second low man on the totem pole and the job went to the kid about 14 years old..who also had to move the 120 pound sacks onto the discharge slide after sewing.  Bag filler wasn't fun either because  your face was in the dust and went to the lowest man on the totem pole.  

You can see the sewing at about 37 seconds in and then from a distance later.