I Forge Iron

Ruben Funk

Ten Hammers

It is with a very heavy heart that I post this. Ruben ( posting here as R Funk ) has leuchemia and has been moved to Hospice ( officially today ). He is an Engineer ( not one of those we sometimes hate because they are so smart and know it ). He has lectured at ABANA conferences on metallurgy. He has driven awsome smoke belching steam locomotives at Midwest Old Threshers in Mt. Pleasant Iowa during the show. He has demo'd in my forge at the show. I am humbled to know him. He has been a BAM member for long time. MANY people know Ruben. I tonight recieved his permission to post this. Please include him in your prayers.

Sincerely

Steve ( Ten Hammers ) O'Grady

Ruben,
You have touched many lives. You have helped many folks in both large and small ways, and everyone has benefited from your encouragement, your knowledge, and your assistance. You are on the list.

A kind heart and gentle soul. Ruben has been someone I have really enjoyed knowing and talking to for I don't know how many years now. Met in MO many years ago and have seen him once a year since his move to IA. It has been a real treat to see Ruben popping up here on IFI and reading his many contributions.

In my thoughts now and always,

Steve

Thanks for your kind responses and keeping me in your prayers. Unfortunately my eyesight is now very limited and I am now very nearly unable to partcipate in the forum discussions as I would like to do, but will try to participate as much as possible by having someone read to me.

Thanks again for your support and friendship over the years and for your prayers now.

Ruben Funk