I Forge Iron

Arsenic bronze

Mokumegane

While reading up on my copper alloys I came across several articles on arsenic bronze, one of the first supermetals. However delving into I found it's not used much anymore and I have an interest in working with it, is anyone aware of places that sell it or how to make. Having researched it it seems the only ways to make it involve uncommon ores, is anyone aware of an easier way.

Arsenic bronze was a "super" alloy when copper was THE stuff. Arsenic bronze doesn't really have a different color than other bronze age alloys, there was a LOT of variation even coming from the same maker and ore. 

Have you done any bronze casting? If so just add .5% arsenic to a melt. Make sure you keep a good layer of glass on the melt and do it away from yourself and others you really don't want to breath arsenic you  know. You'll want serious PPE if you wish to include arsenic alloys of any kind in mokumegane like a closed chamber with dedicated filtration. Using this stuff is NOT an amateur hour thing, it's seriously and long term toxic. 

The last I saw an analysis was in regards to bronze chisels used for fine detail stone carving and there was considerable variation between tools.

Frosty The Lucky.

"No Modern Use" was one of the references I checked so it may be difficult to find a source. There are several academics working to smelt and work with the stuff you might check with them on purchasing some...Perhaps a post on the Archmetals mailing list?