I Forge Iron

Gas Forge Plumbing, Pipe/Tubing Sizing !

Scrambler82

Hello,

I am looking to replace the rubber Propane Hose that came with my Gasser (a 2burner Diamondback Blacksmith) with either hard pipe or soft tubing.

What is the recommended pipe/tubing sizes, how do I determine the proper size ?

What tubing size can be used in place of 1/4" piping ?

Thanks to all for any commenting.

I had to go to their website to get an idea of what they come with. If I' not mistaken the hose connects to the brass fitting on the end of the cross pipe? Where do you want to go with the supply line? I assume towards the back of the forge.

If so I'd put an elbow where the hose connects and as long a 1/4" pipe nipple as takes to get the hose connections where I want and call it good. 

My shop forge uses 1/4" pipe for the propane manifold and connection to the hose and it supplies more than enough to run four 3/4" T burners.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, appreciate the advice.

Yes, I plan on going to the rear of the Forge, that will be on a cart with a Gas Tank in the rear area too, so it should be straight forward; I just wanted someone who knew better than I to say what was correct !

Put the final specs to paper yesterday.

I think I will be using, as suggested, 1/4" pipe for the main manifold plumbing and some 3/8" copper thing as a connection from he main manifold o the burners.  

I was going to use one of the Diamondback Ironworks Idler Valve Kit it not being ale to conscious Dennis and the shop I have decided to go the piped/tubing/needle valve version instead.  

I keep changing my mind it I know this is I because I ordered all of the material las night.

On May 19, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Scrambler82 said:

Put the final specs to paper yesterday.

I think I will be using, as suggested, 1/4" pipe for the main manifold plumbing and some 3/8" copper tubing as a connection from he main manifold to the burners and the 3/8" tubing, since I have it, for the idler valve connection.

I was going to use one of the Diamondback Ironworks Idler Valve Kit, not being ale to contact Dennis and the shop, I have decided to go the piped/tubing/needle valve version instead.  

I keep changing my mind, I know But not again because I ordered all of the material last night.

Above is the retyped entry, edited in a place or two, that is what it should have said !

Sorry for all the misspelled or incorrect words used, I need to watch this, been using my iPad lately and it is a problem.