I Forge Iron

Some of my first knives

MrDarkNebulah

Here are two of my first few knives. Both are made from an old circular saw blade, which I did the heat, quench, and break test. They were both done with stock removal. The large one has an oak handle and the pins are made from old nails. The small one also has an oak handle but stained and has a brass pin. I definitely need to work some more on beveling but I am pretty happy with these ones. I'd love to hear what you all have to say about what I need to work on.

IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.36d5c80be14e59b6c3a06ef13733070d.jpg58ed9a04832cd_IMG_0119(1).thumb.JPG.9a41dcd88648b85339c5921ea02bfd4e.JPG

They look pretty good. Your bevels do need work though. Personally, I would take them up more, closer to the spine. Use a file to clean them up and even them up, it will give you more crisp lines for your ricasso and plunge line. Look into draw filing. It takes time and patience, but its worth it. You can also use this technique on the flat between the spine and plunge line to get it near perfectly flat, and to take out all the pitting marks on the second one, unless you want to keep them in, it's really up to you. Makes it look MUCH better in my opinion when you sand it though, especially if you're going for a mirror finish. The profile of the blades and the handle work look good though.