I Forge Iron

Hi everyone

Dumb Swede

Just saying hi. I just found your website today. I just recently retired from the military and will soon be retiring from working on military vehicles. I have always had an interest in blacksmithing especially blade smithing. I am definitely a noob but figure that I will have plenty of time to read the posts and articles on this site to help me get started. I generally don't post very much on websites as I have found that usually someone else has already asked my question. 

Thank you for letting me join your website,

The dumb swede

Welcome aboard! Take some time to read over everything that catches your attention, especially the pinned posts at the top of each section. If you're interested in bladesmithing, there are some really good introductory lessons you should check out.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Thank you for your service! 

If you're going to actually read up before asking questions or joining in conversations I don't know what us old curmudgeons will have to do. <sigh> 

In all seriousness, jump in and ask away. If you get hooked up with UMBA you'll learn more in an hour than days of trying to figure it out yourself. Even if you're good at research, nothing beats having someone there to tell you what you're doing wrong. UMBA is a great bunch of guys just to hang with, they'll put you in touch with everything you need and then some.

Frosty The Lucky.