I Forge Iron

Motor size for 50lb LG

I just purchased my first power hammer. It's a 50 lb. Little Giant, serial number 4456. My question is it came with a 5 hp motor. Can I use this motor with the correct pulley size or should I go smaller?  I was thinking the higher hp shouldn't matter as long as I am using the right pulley size?  Any help is appreciated. IMG_5811.thumb.JPG.844710d4ee963743028056aea40ab4f8.JPG

I hope you dont mind me asking but what was the price on that beauty. I'm sure people are curious because people have asked before what they should pay for a LG. By the way. Where are you at, as I see some mountains in the background.

Well I probably paid too much. I gave $3800 for her. I picked it up in Northern VA which is only a 3 hr drve for me. I'm in the mountains of MD. The few other 25 or 50 lb hammers I could find were located in the Midwest. I figure I would have way more $$ into traveling 10 plus hours each way and staying overnight somewhere. The hammer hasn't been used in over 10-15 years according to the previous owner.  I'm still learning about it but it appears to be in excellent shape. I just ordered the DVD repair set from Mr. Rice to educate myself some more. A 5hp motor did come with the hammer too but isn't shown. IMG_5810.thumb.JPG.e6bdec396772f5e4229c607ae22e5ab3.JPGIMG_5809.thumb.JPG.973936a6527e84ebbf03b3b1c86113e3.JPG