I Forge Iron

New (to me) anvil: Please help identify

Greetings

I bought this anvil today. The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to powder coat it! :huh: It weighs 37 kg it has no markings except for number "37". Is this the anvil weight? date of manufacturing? the surface and edges area bit rough but still good to forge. The tip of the horn is also a bit smashed. Is it a good idea to file and refine the tip of the horn? Rebound is about 90% and rings a bit when hit with an hammer. The bottom of the hardy hole is not entirely square like the top but round. Someone plugged the hole with a bit of wood, I think. I will have to clear the hardy hole.

So, can you guys please help identify age and manufacturer of this anvil?

Thanks

GVXBbZq.jpg

sCFdcwR.jpg

qwfIfqE.jpg

Tgl3MV6.jpg

rGBz9kO.jpg

qCvPOed.jpg

As for weight: ask around until you locate someone with a bathroom scale.  Place anvil on the scale, read weight.  Compare it to what is marked on the side and tell us.  OK then 37 is the weight....

"Is it a good idea to refine the tip of the horn?"  Does what YOU do in the way YOU do it require a refined horn?  Is so *maybe"---usually better to make a bic that fits in the hardy for small pointy horn needs. *MANY* anvils show evidence on having the point hammered in a bit.  I believe a lot of this happened after the 3rd time in a week the smith managed to jam the sharp horn into tender parts of the body that he decreased the pointiness of the horn with a hammer---while swearing...