I Forge Iron

Wagon parts find

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/15/2017 at 11:39 AM, jlpservicesinc said:

now that was a great find..How neat is that.. :)    Pretty amazing to think they saw the change coming and instead of fighting it they made coach bodies for cars.. 

My grand parents had a Studebaker when I was young.. What a tank.. I remember going out in a snow storm with it.. 

No I have not verified they are steel.. Just going from previous experience with this size axle..   If at some point I decide to use them for tools I will go through the process of determining material..  From the rust pattern it shows it to be carbon steels but then again I did not verify.. 

that really is one very awesome axle to find.. ..  did /was this carriage in a fire? Looks like charcoal wood behind it.. Or the Japanese black finally let go.. 

Studebaker axle first, then some random goodies with small rail cart axle in WI

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

2 hours ago, jlpservicesinc said:

Wow, and I thought I used to be a collector of old iron.. I mean Old Wrought iron..   :)    Sweeeeeettttt  Pile of goods you got there.. Good thing your not closer or else I'd be every other day making off with stuff..   :ph34r:

I'm a Smaug. Dress accordingly lest ye be flambéed.