I Forge Iron

Pristine 60lb Samson Anvil

I buy and sell blacksmithing supplies. Typically if something is nicer than what I currently use I'll keep it and sell the rest so I can buy additional tools and supplies for my own shop. 

I just picked up a 60lb Samson anvil.  It still has the V.W. & W.H. CO. Clearly marked on the cutting table.  Edges are all pristine, face is perfect, just a couple chisel marks on the horn.  From what I've read, and been told these are extremely rare (as in only 4-5 known in existence).  

Would anyone be interested in it before I stick it on eBay?

Im in the Sandusky, Oh area.

IMG_7816.JPG

IMG_7827.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

IMG_7830.JPG

IMG_7832.JPG

IMG_7833.JPG

IMG_7834.JPG

IMG_7835.JPG

IMG_7837.JPG

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_7839.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG

IMG_7841.JPG

IMG_7842.JPG

Yeah, if you can sell a 54lb Hb for 550, than you can definitely get more on eBay. I wouldn't have paid more than 200 for a 54lb hb. Partly because I already got an anvil that I'm pleased with and weights more. But obviously there are (a lot of) people with deeper pockets than I got. Like Tb2 said, good luck!

Littleblacksmith

Please read the rules for selling on the tailgating section before posting. If in doubt, contact the site owner.

If you make a sale through the site, please consider providing a portion of your sales to keep the site running.