I Forge Iron

My First (Finished) RR Spike Knife

J.V.Reeve

• 2 weeks later...

Great pix of a great knife. Monkeying around aside, I like that you showed us one with you holding it. It really helped get a sense of perspective, scale and usability. I know what you mean about the feel good sensation of completing one of those buggas. Fine work. Keep it up! And keep showing us. I couldn't find it on eBay. Is the auction over already? Or am I missing finding it? --Phil

Phil: I listed the knife for 7 days (I usually go Sunday to Sunday) I started the bidding at $24.95 and it sold for $31.00. That seemed to be right in the median for RR spike knives... But there were some really nice ones (finished with wood handle slabs, hawks, etc) that would fetch upwards of $150.00...

You can go to a "Seller" research link on ebay that's called "Completed Listings" and get a good idea what's selling and for how much.

Also... the RR knives seemed to be listed more in the Collectibles>Knives/Swords>Handmade catagory than in the regular "knife" section...

One of these days I might get brave and start one at .99 cents on the bidding and see what happens...