I Forge Iron

looking for smiths or newbies close to Wilmington, De

I live in Wilmington, De and don't have a lot of time to travel to the Maryland or Pennsylvania meetings.   I am trying to meet other local smiths that would either mentor me, or learn with me.

Anyone interested and working together let me know.  My interests are refining basic skills, civil war blacksmithing, and wheel wright.

Thanks

Kunk

Hey Kunkle,

I am in Townsend, and I know of some other smiths in the area.  While I don't attend monthly meetings either, I would suggest finding a way to get to the Blacksmith Guild of Central Maryland, and The Mid-Atlantic Smith Association (MASA) events when you can.  The next event is The Annual Bill Gichner Memorial Hammer-In in Cordova, MD  January 6 – 8 hosted by MASA. 

Hello I'm new here I have only been at this about 6 months and am in yhe same boat as you. I'm located in NJ about 15 minutes north of the twin bridges. I'm currently recovering from slicing part of my finger off in a jointer but once recovered I'll be available. Looking to refine skills for tool making and bladesmithing. 

Ouch S.Wright!

I'm not from Jersey, but I am assuming you mean the Del. Memorial bridge? Up by you there is the NJ Blacksmiths association, and your still within (at least my usual) driving distance of the others I listed. The clubs are a great way to meet local smiths and find people who teach, or do open forge nights for club members.

I'm not to far away from Wilmington in PA, maybe 15 minutes from claymont ,no crazy shop or anything but we can get some metal hot, gladly teach you what the other fine smiths around have taught me so far. Shoot me a pm if you want to swing by sometime.