I Forge Iron

Well, I made it to Homeless status today.

I never thought I would be so happy to dive into a dumpster. Today I went buy a metal shop, they didnt have what I needed. I asked the owner about scrap, he said sure there is a dumpster out back you can have what ever is in there. I found some great stuff. 1/2 steel plate and all kinds of short angle iron, and but I made a pritcher pattle out of one of the 1/2" steel plates

ahhhhhhhh , i love dumpster diving
i can't count the treasures i get from dumpsters
i even have a few favorites now.
there is a hardware store near me that throws all kinds of usable goods away
i am right at home with my butt hanging out or i will climb right in
someone even made a comment one time when i was inside , did someone throw me away. i replied "yes unfortunatly they did"
they replied back " well you do look worn out and broken down"
smart alek

Lol, nice title, you had me thinking there for a second. Nice score, post some pixs of the pritcher pattle? Not sure what it is at the moment.

Well, if I bring to much more xxxx home the little lady might just kick me out. The pattle is in The backyard blacksmith. it has a few different sized holes drilled in it.

I love the odd find from the dumpster. While I won't go diving in most dumpsters, what's on top is fair game for me. Just the other day somebody must have been upgrading because there was a good large home stereo speaker I figured was blown and would get some shop magnets, but no, it was in working order. The 25" TV I figured would have been blown and was going to see what I could get out of it for copper wire/magnets worked. Only the little 15" or so was blown and i got enough copper wire to plait together a few braclets and what have you, not to mention the screws and there were some clamps and the usual wires. All sitting on top or beside of the dumpster outside the apartment

Kind of make you sad when you think of the waste that goes on. And he was likely eating organic food and preaching about taking care of the environment too like numerous activists I have run across. ;)

Kind of make you sad when you think of the waste that goes on. And he was likely eating organic food and preaching about taking care of the environment too like numerous activists I have run across. ;)

What do you mean off road? my hummer is so I can get around town safely, I try to use bio diesel....

I was working for a real estate office a couple years ago. I asked about recycling paper. the owner told me he let God sort it out. it is very sad the amount of wast that goes on in this country, hey at least if I am questioned about my found treasures I can say I am starting a Recycling shop.