I Forge Iron

Burner

feral-pagen

I have a billet that i want to weld, and i have experience in this but it was with coal forges. Now i live in town and can't use a coal forge so i am in the process of putting together a propane forge. The one i'm starting out with is small, but that's not an issue really. I've used them for much smaller projects in the past, but now that i am having to use one exclusively i was wondering about burners. The one's i've used in the past were small and used a bernz-o-matic ts8000 torch head as the burner. i was wondering if this could work to get it up to weld temp, or if i should build my own burner first. Also, if i end up building a burner which design would work the best. i've been looking at a t burner and another design, but i can't remember what it's called. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

ThomasPowers, i'm sorry, i should have been more detail oriented. It's a 33 layer billet made up of 25 layers of band saw blade and 8 layers of 11 gauge mild steel. it measures 8 inches long, one and one quarter inches wide, and about three inches thick. There are a couple smiths around, but they don't generally work with pattern welding.