I Forge Iron

1780-1795 Mouse Hole anvil

Hey Y'all,

I recently purchased a Mouse Hole anvil that is from 1780-1795 era. I have looked around and couldn't find out value ranges for it and wondered if anyone knew what one is worth? 

It is in pretty good shape. The face has a very slight dip in it but that's about it. It has great rebound.

Thanks for reading!

What you paid IS THE GOING RATE for THAT anvil. Is it a good deal? It was to you at the time you put the money on the table.

You purchased a 226 +/- year old tool. If you can use it to make money to pay for the purchase in a *reasonable* period of time, then you did well with the purchase. After it pays for itself, anything you make on the anvil and sell is profit. If you discount profit, then if you enjoy the time you spend hammering metal on the anvil, you come out ahead. Time spent at the anvil will be much more valuable than watching TV.

Take care of the anvil, keep it well oiled and well used and it should give you a lifetime of pleasure. You have a wonderful tool.