I Forge Iron

double hook

jlpservicesinc

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Test looks successful to me. Nice wall hook. Does it hang straight on the single screw with say one heavy coat on one side? I like the looks of a single screw but they tend to go a little shifty on me.

Frosty The Lucky.

to correct this it just get another nail in the crotch at the split..  there is another nail under the group of S hooks.. 

Yes it was successful.. Thank.. 

8 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

If you didnt say it was forge welded I wouldnt know. Nice work. hope I can forge weld as well one day. 

Thanks.. You'll get there.. keep practicing and a lesson or 2 and you'd have it solid.. :)

41 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Yeah I'll keep trying here and there when I can. lessons sound like the ticket. I know it's not my forge because a friend forge welded in it when her was here. I've read on it I just dont practice enough.

I posted a video on chain making somewhere.. You tube or else where a few years ago.. Also one on tong making..  Really a lesson is best. I gave a lesson to a guy at the last NEB meet and he got his first forge weld under his belt.. 

11 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Excellent JLP. if you find it please post it. lessons are best. it's been tough trying to get out to any groups for me lately. I look forward to when I can. 

the video is crappily done.. I did it a few years ago to show an online group how to make chain..  Really the best part is the very beginning and the very end where I test the chain I just made..    

There is/was actually 2 videos the 2nd one was better..   I actually took off over 10 years from the blacksmithing.. Didn't touch a hammer or anything so the skill set is only now starting to come back..  At this point I have forgotten more than I know.  Getting the new trailer up and running will allow for me to have somewhere to work till the shop is up..  

anyhow, i"ll make a new video and post it.  We'll get you something else to watch.. :)