I Forge Iron

Fab of New Gas Forge ....Stoaked!

CTBlades

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sounds like you guys are getting it figured out well enough I can take a nap.

One thing though, 3 set screws allows easier adjustment than 4 set screws.

Frosty The Lucky.

Napping at our age is always a good thing lol.

I pondered the 3 or 4 set screw issues. While 3 would work well. I thought about our Christmas tree stand that uses 4 allowing for adjusting and tilting the tree so that it is straight. Depending on what screw is turned in or out the tree like the burner tube will cante in just about any direction. Ask my wife, her tree has to be perfect lol.

Hey, I could add a 4 more and then depending on what holes I used I would have the best of both  schools of thought.....;)

The advantage of three screws is any one is always backed against the other two where in a 4 screw set each one is directly opposed to one. It makes sets tent to be a little shaky  if you don't get them all tensioned close to the same. To get good Angle adjustment like you're looking for you need to offset them vertically in opposing pairs.

Trees are easier the screws bite into the wood so you don't need to tension them so closely.

Frosty The Lucky.

26 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The advantage of three screws is any one is always backed against the other two where in a 4 screw set each one is directly opposed to one. It makes sets tent to be a little shaky  if you don't get them all tensioned close to the same. To get good Angle adjustment like you're looking for you need to offset them vertically in opposing pairs.

Trees are easier the screws bite into the wood so you don't need to tension them so closely.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ok I got ya, so I'll add a few more holes that will give me a little more offset.... crap I need a nap!

7 hours ago, CTBlades said:

Ok I got ya, so I'll add a few more holes that will give me a little more offset.... crap I need a nap!

Oh don't go changing things now! It'll work fine the way it is. Maybe having to tinker a screw 1/4 turn more or less than another setup is insignificant to how it operates. You'll get the burners oriented how you like them and aren't going to change the clamps till something wear out.

Frosty The Lucky.

So I built the two T burners and set them into the forge body. Light them up and you can see what I got. I'll have to dial them in and fine tune them. That should solve the air issue which I believe is causing the hiccups...Frosty?

ok I tried to insert a video and also a URL to my video and it did not work....now what?

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Your FB page is Uh.Ray? This link is broke maybe or so says the message. I'll search FB for Uh. . . . Ray as soon as I stop laughing.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.

Hmmm it worked for me when I pasted it there. 

The Uh Ray came years ago when I set up the account lol. 

You can find me easy enough on FB just search 'Ray Fournier and make sure use the apostrophe before my name our you'll end up with my oldest boy. (Trust me, you don't want that lol)

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

We seem to like a lot of the same kind of things. And no your sense of humor didn't hurt my feelings. I don't use as many peppers when I cook either.

Frosty The Lucky.

lol I see the eagle has found his way. Kinda figured we had a pretty good deal in common. Peppers, yea we like our hot peppers in this house for sure. I make a lot of pepper jellies, sauces, hot sauces and competition wing sauce. 

So what did you think?

5 hours ago, CTBlades said:

lol I see the eagle has found his way. Kinda figured we had a pretty good deal in common. Peppers, yea we like our hot peppers in this house for sure. I make a lot of pepper jellies, sauces, hot sauces and competition wing sauce. 

So what did you think?

Deb doesn't do spicy hot well so I cook for her and eating peppers involves building tolerance so I'm way far out of practice. I differentiate between spicy and HOT spicy. The TBI altered my sense of taste and smell so I'm getting them figured out again.

By what do I think I'm hoping you don't want a peak at what I actually think, it's a high speed wall bounce of ideas. Your FB page on the other hand looks to me like you have a lot of friends to ride with. It's good to have friends, look like a fun bunch. If you get up this way I'll introduce you to Julie, she's an old friend and connected to the bike scene but she only owns 3 (I think it change) Harleys.

Heck, you've probably ridden with her without knowing, she hit's Sturgis every couple years as in rides to Sturgis and tours the lower 48 every couple years. She was in the group the feds tried to forbid riding to the Memorial in DC. Boy did THAT make the Gvt. look stupid. I don't know who he was but the man who walked up to the barricades manned by those poor parks service guys and calmly told them "This is OUR city, not yours. Move the barricades or we will." The parks guys moved the barricades and something like 20,000 Harleys peacefully rode into the capitol. The talking head was speechless for a little while. I'd have to ask which Alaska bike club made the ride. Lots of vets in AK and lots of them ride.

I'm no fan of FB but I'll probably check on you now and then. Somebody needs to.

Frosty The Lucky.