I Forge Iron

Lincoln 140 HD Weld Pak Wont weld?

I bought a Lincoln 140 HD Weld Pak. Using flux core wire, not gas rig. The wire feeds thru just fine, np... but there seems to be no arc.. no current. I have it all set up as per the instructions, even went online and watched a video or two to make sure I haven't missed anything. I don't understand, I returned the 125HD for the same reason. The tech said it was a bad gun. I cant be that unlucky to have two different models with bad guns? Anyone else run into this problem?

no, the tech and the instructions specifically say for flux core, the clam must be on the positive post and the gun on the negative. I don't want to switch them and blow it up or something lol. Its frustrating cause I want to build my forge but cant because I have welding to do.

I ask because those machines come set up for hard wire.  There's a diagram on the door for the wiring.  Check and see if your set up right.  I had a guy send a brand new Miller 140 in because it wouldn't weld.  The repair shop sent it back with the polarity reversed and an $80 bill, because it's not the repairman's job to reverse the polarity.  lol.

Greetings Kailthir,

Sounds like a input voltage or connection problem ..  Check the ground connection at both ends.. A simple continuity tester will work just fine... 220.. 110?  A volt meter at the gun and ground connections will tell you if the machine has voltage available for the gun and ground..  I am sure you have a simple problem and are just overlooking something.. Good luck

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim