I Forge Iron

Hello all, pleased to be here

Ratel10mm

Hi all.

Thought I should join after a number of smithing friends pointed the way. Looks like a good site to be a member of, & I hope to be able to contribute to it.
I already see some names I know from British Blades (my home on the 'net), & look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

I am just beginning to learn the art of blacksmithing, having decided that a change was due early in 2007. I'm learning part time at the moment, and have attended courses with Bob Oakes, Peat Oberon & Owen Bush.

We're moving to Asutralia later this year, & I hope to be able to set up a small forge & start out as a (hopefully paying) hobby & see where it goes. :)

Ratel10mm,
Welcome to I Forge Iron.
You said: "We're moving to Asutralia later this year, & I hope to be able to set up a small forge & start out as a (hopefully paying) hobby & see where it goes."
I believe it will go the way you are determined for to go. :)
It sounds like a great adventure to me.
What ever you do, be safe!
Old Rusty Ted

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thomas, that sounds like a good idea. I'll post it up somewhere & see if there's any interest.

Larry, I live close to Henley-on-Thames, in Oxfordshire, U.K. We're moving to Oz because my wife is from the Gold Coast & wants to go home. Can't say I have a problem with living in Oz! ;)