I Forge Iron

New to IFI in South Central Iowa

swedgemon

Hello to all !!  I've been part-time forging since 1975, mostly self-taught, usually making decorative items that please the ladies (candle holders, pot racks, end tables, coffee tables and a few knives from 52100 alloy ball bearings).  I run a Striker 40kg hammer, an early treadle hammer, an NC LP forge and sometimes a Buffalo coal forge..  My anvil came from the Fisher Norris factory in Trenton, NJ, bought new in 1975-6.  My various tables use 2" oak or walnut planks that I mill from tree trunks with an Alaska mill on a chainsaw.  I was an oil-industry engineer - I'm retired now, but need to go back to work to get some rest...too many projects !!  Attached photo was during cold weather where I lived in Kentucky...my shop in Iowa is a bit warmer, even in winter.  Best regards to all,  Swedge

DSCF9702.JPG

Welcome aboard Swedge glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

Black or red insulated Carharts? I think you're going to fit right in here, you're off to a good start, we LOVE pics.

Frosty The Lucky.

Red is good it keeps the wife fro freaking out, mine are black lined a little warmer and hides the dirt better. you've discovered the heart of the attraction to backsmithing, I'm in it for the fire and hitting things, the dirt, noise and occasional pain are icing.

Did you just add your location to your header while I was making sure I got the directions right? You almost got me good! You are Soooo going to fit in.

Frosty The Lucky.