I Forge Iron

Rune Pendents and an Herb Chopper

HEAP of JEEP

Spent an afternoon doing up some more craft show projects.  Since its my first one, and I have no idea what will sell, I find myself just doing up a whole bunch of different things.  Maybe that's the best way for the first one?  Anyways, took some inspiration from Chandler Dickinson on youtube and made up a bunch of viking rune pendents from some cable damascus and a herb chopper from an old file, snatched from the scrap yard.

20160716_223900.jpg20160716_223948.jpg20160716_223922.jpg20160716_202958.jpg20160716_203022.jpg20160716_203049.jpg

Hi,

Real cool stuff! That chopper looks pretty rough and yet elegant - liky, liky :)

That cable material is awesome. But I have two (very subjective) suggestions if you don't mind:

1) the ones that are out of the brick shape look better/more original. Maybe you could try to hit them a bit and carve the rune symbols after that.

2) And you could carve the symbols a bit deeper - it shows better and you can easier see the difference between the rune shapes and the "background" pattern. 

Anyways I like them very much as they are, so you obviously did good job :)

Bests:

Gergely

nice video!

yea, my first and only craft show ( so far :D) I did a bunch of random stuff and found out what sell good and what doesn't.

Littleblacksmith

• 3 months later...

Here's my 2nd attempt of an herb chopper from a rasp-

Littleblacksmith

IMG_5089[1].JPG

That's nice. The texture from the file would make for a very good fish filleting knife.

Were you actually forging at your show or just displaying your wares. You will find that people always want to buy the things they see made. Not a similar one on the shelf ... THAT one! I usually take my stuff home and clean it up for sale, wire brush, sealer etc but some people insist on buying straight off the forge. Anyway, hope your show went well.