I Forge Iron

First forged figurine

Hi,

I've just made my first sculpture kind of thing. It's a forged 10" high daemon made from 1 x 3/8 old MS stock. It has big influence from African (sorry Ian :) ) tribal art. 

Any comments are welcome!

Bests 

Gergely

2016 07 ajak 3 nap lángdémon1.jpg

2016 07 ajak 3 nap lángdémon2.jpg

2016 07 ajak 4 nap lángdémon.jpg

On 2016. 07. 11. at 3:38 PM, Dustin Quade said:

This is a pretty cool idea! Could totally see this as something my mom would keep around the house somewhere as a decoration. I love the small details you got on the face as well that must be one tiny chisel you have.

Thanks. These are the chisels:

2015 08 vagok.jpg

I use almost only the four on the right. And ground one of them to 2mm wide (you can see the Roman numbering on each of them meaning the edge width in mm-s)

5 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Personally,I would have preferred a more smiley face to cheer me up. How about a family of them.:)

other than that well done.

No, no, these have to be scary, very scary :)

It's something about 1060 kind of stock. 1 x 3/8 (25x10mm) and I have ~30 m of it. Have learned how to make it into a good tough cold chisel and I like it very much. I use these chisels for carving lines into MS and don't remember that needed to resharpen those. But I don't cut with them. (I hope this was understandable, I'm in hurry.)

Bests

Gergely

1 hour ago, Gergely said:

It's something about 1060 kind of stock. 1 x 3/8 (25x10mm) and I have ~30 m of it. Have learned how to make it into a good tough cold chisel and I like it very much. I use these chisels for carving lines into MS and don't remember that needed to resharpen those. But I don't cut with them. (I hope this was understandable, I'm in hurry.)

Bests

Gergely

Makes sense to me, thanks for the response!

• 1 month later...