I Forge Iron

new to me anvil plz help identafi

well, the diamond on it looks like a Trenton but the rest of it doesn't. I'm not sure what it is.

Littleblacksmith

Early Boker trenton anvil, looks to be in good condition. That's an outstanding deal!  in good condition like yours collectors are paying a premium. They were either made in Germany or England there is some question about the manufacturing location. Some are marked Germany and i have seen one that was marked USA. Maybe if you rub some chalk on the side you'll be able to see more lettering.

I guess I learned something new!

Littleblacksmith

thx uall that's what I though it was after looking on inter web 

58 minutes ago, b4utoo said:

you got ripped off...as a courtesy I will bail you out...Just bring on over and i will bite the bullet for you. 

Super cool man!

thx but I guess I'll just have to learn from my screw ups lmao

heres pic of my vise

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'll tri some chalk tried flour didn't do good 

Indian Chief was a trademark of Trenton, They regularly labeled their leg vises and LARGE bridge anvils with the indian chief logo. They occasionally also labeled their regular anvils with the indian chief trademark. I owned one and traded it to Fred Moore who collects anvils and also had one. You can see both of  them by looking at the youtube under largest anvil collection.

I don't have that info but the anvil I owned was of the earlier base configuration and the one that Fred owns was of the later base type with the caplet shape..  they would have corresponding serial numbers. The vises were sometimes dated.