I Forge Iron

Refflinghaus hornless anvil

Just got this in the other day and mounted.  275 pound anvil, face hardness reads 60 rockwell.  Face is 10 5/8" long, 6 1/4" wide and perfectly flat.  Been wanting something like this for over 15 years.  Base is constructed from 3/8"x2" angle, 3/8"x2" flat bar and the sides are 1/4" sheet, top is 1" plate.  Whole thing is filled with concrete and the base weights about 350 pounds.

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Actually just a traditional hornless anvil, Refflinghaus makes two versions, flat top and a crowned top, four weights,  275 lbs, 330 lbs, 440 lbs, 628 lbs.  Would love to have the 440 pounder, but that's getting just a little outside my price range for a finish anvil.  Of course there's no reason not to use as a sawyer's anvil, but Refflinghaus is the only current maker I could find still making hornless anvils.  Had to wait about a year for it to get here as well after ordering.

Got it from Dick from Sady Grove, he's where I got my other Refflinghaus, a 330 pound german pattern.  Good to do business with, his health isn't the best, but he's hanging in there.

Here's a link to where I found them, not sure of the price conversions, but mine is the 275 pounder(125 kilogram) and it cost me 2400$ shipped to the local Wards, delivery driver couldn't find my house so I drove 5 miles and picked it up.   http://kowalperun.com/professional-anvils-ernst-refflinghaus-with-one-or-two-horns/17-hornless-anvils-ernst-refflinghaus.html