I Forge Iron

Finally got my first anvil! Just posting because of my excitement. Can't wait to put it to use.  It was marked for 350$ I got it for 200$ to the untrained eye the rebound is about 75% and the ring is super loud. Definitely going to require hearing protection when I start using it. Only down side was I had to drive 2 hours one way image.thumb.jpeg.85b1c97fdd30179c458bb68to get it. Not real sure of the age. image.thumb.jpeg.4a817b9d5f43ac3756b8dca

The guy was located about 40 miles east of St. Louis. I only wish I had more money. He had pallets and pallets of anvils, well over 100 of them. And he had anvils easily 500# or more. Leg vises, machinist vises. Literally a fortune. I will go back when I have more money to blow haha. 

2 hours ago, EJRailRoadTrack said:

Nice find! I really need to get to that guy next time I'm in St. Louis! 84 pounds isn't HUGE but will get the job done! Have fun it, treat it well and it will go far.

-EJ

its 94 ;P haha. but yeah he has a ton of stuff. a whole building full actually.

(3 x 28) + 10 = 84 + 10 = 94 but with most old anvils the weight may vary a tad.  Great starter anvil; now every time you sell something you made on it; throw a dollar in the "next anvil" can and be ready for the next one to wander in!  (They seem to attract others, once you have the first one.)