I Forge Iron

25th Ozark conference - Sedalia Mo.

Hi...I just recently attended the 25th annual Ozark conference  on friday...I attended the blacksmith class for beginners and made these 2 hooks. This is my first blacksmith conference and I really enjoyed it...Those BAM guys are awesome...now I'm a bam guy too! :) Here's my hooks!

20160501_094346.jpg

20160501_094334.jpg

Ain't blacksmith gatherings fun? Nice looking hooks especially for early projects. I award you a "Well Done."

Good on ya for joining, the benefits make dues look like a soda run. Can we call you Bam Bam Hutton now? :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.

Sure thing frosty...I know somewhere along the line I've been called worse...lol

Thanks for the kudos on the hooks...now I just need time to make like 30 each of these.

Anyhow it was worth the 6 hr round trip drive...met a bunch of great guys!!!! (Blacksmith Association of Missouri...BAM)

A good trick for developing consistency is making sets. A nice 4 hook set is popular with the relatives and friends. Getting four hooks to match well enough is good incentive. Do all the hooks at the same time. Twist 4, taper 4, punch 4, do 4 finials in steps 4 ea. finial scroll 4 and turn 4 hooks. Do each step on each piece at the same time from cutting the stock to brushing and finishing.

Remember leave the thinnest section for last, thin burns easier than thick.

Frosty The Lucky.