I Forge Iron

Hello from St. Augustine, Fl.

Very new to Blacksmith, but not so new to fabrication or hard work. I love being able to make things with my own hands. I am always open to learning more and look forward to learning from everyone here. Would love to talk with others from my area as a way to learn a thing or two as well. 

Welcome aboard 904 Florida guy, glad to have you. I have a long time personal friend in Ocala who smiths in addition to some pretty astounding other stuff. If you scroll almost to the bottom of the Iforge opening page you'll come to the regional organization section, find one close enough to participate in and get in touch. Being a fabricator I'm sure you know how much more and faster you learn working with someone with experience than figuring it out yourself so I won't say that.

There are also thousands of posts containing high end information archived here by category. It's a good place to build a knowledge base in whatever area you're interested in. I'm sure you know how important a craft jargon is and knowing what terms mean, how they work etc. will REALLY help you ask good questions and understand our answers. I hear some of the guys can be pretty long winded. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty,

I took your advice and looked for a group in my area on here. I haven't found one but not sure if I missing something or just haven't looked deep enough. I am continuing my search, but if you are anything like some of the metal workers I know you will enjoy letting me hunt all over until your bored then tell me I was right all along. Which honestly is quite hilarious.