I Forge Iron

Spear making die

I WANT to make a spear i was wondering what i need or what tool i need to fabricate to make one. I figure its like making a leaf with a rounding hammer with a spine. What bottom tool would i need to make for a hardy whole to make the spine on a spear like a leaf. 

The tool you need is experience. Spear heads themselves are easy compared to getting a good socket. About the only time I can think of where "tooling" would come in handy is making a triangular point.

A leaf blade with a spine is an off the, radiused edges of the anvil using a cross pein hammer project. Leaves are good practice but this is a skill effect, not tools.

The tools don't do the work, the blacksmith does without a human mind and hand tools are nothing but refined dirt.

Frosty The Lucky.

Now I remember watching a video at a smithing museum in Germany where the fellow made a hoe with a very nice central ridge by starting out with a piece of 2"? square stock and using a board drop hammer with a 500#? ram to draw out the sides to start and then used a powerhammer to refine them...

Me it's the side of the anvil and a hammer....