I Forge Iron

Babco 605

Ernie42141

At the risk of sounding like a heretic,....... I had a similar problem on a vice that I needed to use in a hurry and some chaps were busy on my other vices so I just stuck in a jaw with 'hot melt glue ' as a 'quick fix'  that was a few years ago and it's still there. Melts a bit when you stick in hot metal but it hasn't slipped yet.

2 hours ago, Ernie42141 said:

Problem somebody tried a sloppy weld and snagged out both factory holes. Would need to drill and tap from scratch 

Yeah, so? It's rare you can just chase buggered threads by running the same cap in them. Basic shop stuff.

Hot glue is fair game as well, though I'd use epoxy, it's NOT like you'll be hammering on it.

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, ianinsa said:

Huh? It looked like a vice to me? Have I got this all wrong?:) 

Hammering on cast iron is indeed a vice, so hammering on that viSe looks just like the vice it is.

I can explain that if you need Ian. Just let me know. :P

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, ianinsa said:

But it 'looks' like a versatile vice....ie. A 'vice versa?'  seems like I must have got it backwards ;)

Nothing new. It must be the clockwise Coriolis effect living that side of the equator. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.