I Forge Iron

Howdy from the Ozarks!

Saiga308

Just wanted to say hi. I finally started to pound some metal today, after sitting and dreaming about it for a few years! I was given an old forge made from a Model T wheel hub, (so I was told) when I was a kid, and have kept it all these years....it needs some touch up but after tinkering with it today I actually started to turn 1/2 round stock into a semi flat bar.......to me that is very exciting! Standing beside the forge watching the steel turn red, and the coals glowing as dusk came in for the night was special :). Anyway I am a certified knife nut and am looking forward to learning all I can from you folks, I'll probably need lots of help!

I live about 26 miles East SE of Springfield in the country, but I grew up in Douglas aka:"Booger" County.
I work for the Fire Dept. in Springfield and my Wife works for the local hospital. I just got back from the Hardware store, I am upgrading my forge today. Hopefully I will have some pics to post later on!