I Forge Iron

Blacksmith classes Ventura County

Hello, I really appreciate this forum.  I am looking to find a school/forge or even a one on one opportunity with an experienced Blacksmith in Ventura County or Santa Barbara area.  I work full time but can be flexible if it's closer by.   I know Adam's Forge is in Glendale area and they are fantastic, but if I could find anything closer it be great.  Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

John

• 6 years later...

The Stagecoach Museum in Moorpark has a blacksmith shop. They do demonstrations with coal forges on the weekends and I teach classes there a couple times a year. They would be happy to teach someone who wants to be a docent and demonstrate for the public.

Gary: John's post is about 7 years old.

I usually say a special hello to IFI members from your neck of the woods but checked so I wouldn't repeat myself. Have you really been lurking since 2009? Glad you finally delurked!

I grew up in the San Fernando valley, Sylmar to be "exact," moved to Simi Valley after the 71 quake and two years later I moved to Alaska. My folks moved to Newbury park until Mother retired when they sold that house and built a new one in the high Sierras on Lake Davis just off I 70 west of Reno.

I had no idea your museum was there but the wife and I will be stopping by next tie we get down that way.

Stagecoach Museum needs to give the blacksmith and shop some kind of write up! Tell them Frosty said so.:)

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 year later...

Yup, an old post indeed, but it still shows up on searches.

Adam's Forge (blacksmithing school has moved to Simi Valley (as of June 2023). The facilities are a little nicer, and it's still got the same instructors. We've added a pair of power hammers, and hope to be using them in classes soon.

It's closer, but still not all that close to Ventura or Santa Barbara.