I Forge Iron

New addition to the shop....

just got in with a new anvil I waited patiently for , still need to weigh it but it's in the 10-12lb range , 10" over all length , to late to head to the shop and measure but will tomorrow , in excellent shape but the maker is tough to find , any guess' s on this little gem ? 

image.jpg1_zpsgguotlzl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It does appear to be cast, alho not being able to see it in person doesn't help with the guesses. If it is cast then that rules out all of the American makers including Columbian.

Their smaller anvis were not so sleek.

I agree with your guess, it certainly could be swedish.  My smallest anvil is a 20lb Trenton and you can clearly see the line for the top plate on it. It also has a pritchel hole which I don't see on yours.

Anywho, it is a very cool little anvil and I wish it was mine!

It does appear to be cast, alho not being able to see it in person doesn't help with the guesses. If it is cast then that rules out all of the American makers including Columbian.

Their smaller anvis were not so sleek.

I agree with your guess, it certainly could be swedish.  My smallest anvil is a 20lb Trenton and you can clearly see the line for the top plate on it. It also has a pritchel hole which I don't see on yours.

Anywho, it is a very cool little anvil and I wish it was mine!

thanks bud , I do appreciate your reply !