I Forge Iron

Nohab 18 Anvil

My father was a skilled blacksmith.  I have his Nohab 18 anvil.  I have learned a bit about the Nohab manufacturing company and their anvils....enough to know that they are somewhat rare and of good quality.

Dad's anvil is marked "18".  I have seen a "13" described as weighing 135 pounds and I know this one is around 200 pounds.  Using the ratio of 18/13 and the 135 lb weight of the 13, I guess the weight is 209 pounds.  

Would welcome comments and also suggestions about how and where to sell the anvil online.

Thank you.

Also your location is important. We have members from all over the world who visit here. Even if you are giving your anvil away, it doesn't help any of us if you are 1000 miles away from any one.

Or even more frustrating is someone who really needs an anvil and passes without knowing he lives two houses down around the corner from you and your daughters are best friends. So please put your general location in the header and post some pictures.

If there is anything stamped in or cast proud on the sides a clear pic of the details is a good idea. Oblique lighting, dust or rub with chalk and wipe off will really enhance such markings.

Frosty The Lucky.