I Forge Iron

champion rivet forge

MarkDobson

alright so here is the forge i picked up along with the post vise i just posted, came with the hand crank blower which we thought was seized up but it turns out it just had a bunch of gunk in the blower that i didnt see. there is a small rust hole by one of the legs and its going to need a new grate to keep the coal in. Im not really sure if this is cast iron or some sort of thick sheet metal but the fire pot is made of two pieces, there is the outside portion that forms the sides and then an inner portion that the pipes connect to. it also has a thin peice of sheetmetal that looks like it used to be a grate.

O and ignore the photobombing cat lol

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

i think it is stamped steel,  the legs bolt on.  most cast pans the legs screw in on the bottom.  the other thing is in the second pic the upper lip is thin and flat.  most cast forges the lip is round.  it looks like champions version of the stamped steel buffalo forge.  i see alit more of the buffalo than the champion.

if you need to fix the plate in the bottom a 18" farm disc works well.

Edited by matto

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...