I Forge Iron

Las Vegas Greetings

northtowntom

Hi yall,

Name's Tom. Since I was a kid I've been enamored with the idea of blacksmithing and as I've recently bought my first house and thereby have enough space to finally do it, I'm doing it.

This morning I told my wife, "Wife, we're going to the swap meet to get an anvil." We both thought it was funny as I've been looking for one forever and have so far been unable to get one.

Long story short, Cowboy Charlie is dropping it off in an hour and a half.

Dunno about the make or model, other than it comes with its own stump. (I had to bargain for the stump.)

$250.

I'll share pix once I get them.

I'd just like to thank everyone here for giving me lots of reading material in the past, and I hope you'll patiently weather my stupid questions.

I didn't see any groups in Nevada, but if there are any Las Vegans around and about, please drop me a line.

Howdy Tom, We get to Lost Wages every once in a while, If I came to your place and played for a half day, I reckon I'd be ahead a couple hundred or so from not wandering among the bright lights.... There's a lot of good folks on this forum to help you get a blister or two.

I'm up on the NE side, near the Silver Nugget / Jerry's. Got the anvil from Broadacres on Las Vegas Blvd. and Cheyenne.

Not many blacksmiths in these parts then, eh? Not entirely surprising, given the demographic makeup, I suppose. We just bought our house with a "huge" 8100 sq.ft. lot, so I've got plenty of room to make a mess.

All you folks from sensible parts of the country, please don't laugh at my lack of acreage. Pretty please.

To all the rest, you're more than welcome to stop by for a cold one and some play time. Jerry's is within spitting distance and has the best prime rib in town for $6.99.