I Forge Iron

Hammer Rack

Came across this on Youtube this morning, and thought this might be interesting to some.  A little fancy, but thought it was a decent concept, particularly due to it not requiring slots to be tailored to each hammer handle.

That is cool but I could make the same device utility wise in a few minutes out of steel but would much rather hang a rake head tines out on the wall and do some forging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the hammer rack, it's a nifty thing but it's a wood workers exercise in his craft more than strictly utilitarian. Lots of guys here have done the same sort of thing in iron. Nobody actually needs multiple scrolls for a shelf bracket but they're cool, look neat and we like to show them off.

It's all good. ;)

Thanks for the video Grizzer, good entertainment and things to learn for an under 6 minutes watch.

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice idea, but the guy needs to learn how to set up for repetitive production work. Tons of wasted time and energy that could be improved upon.

NAW! You're not saying he could've . . . Oh nevermind. :rolleyes:

We're talking about beginners posting mediocre Youtube videos all the time why should wood working be any different?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

That is cool but I could make the same device utility wise in a few minutes out of steel but would much rather hang a rake head tines out on the wall and do some forging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the hammer rack, it's a nifty thing but it's a wood workers exercise in his craft more than strictly utilitarian. Lots of guys here have done the same sort of thing in iron. Nobody actually needs multiple scrolls for a shelf bracket but they're cool, look neat and we like to show them off.

It's all good. ;)

Thanks for the video Grizzer, good entertainment and things to learn for an under 6 minutes watch.

Frosty The Lucky.

Rake head tines? I like your thinking Frosty! I'm always seeing something in a piece of junk. I have a set of combination wrenches in my rake head. Most of the hammers hang on pairs of nails or screws.

trojan 016_zpsaajnqeef.jpg

Edited by Howard Raymond