I Forge Iron

Ive just ordered 2 meter os 40mm solid square bar £15,  a month back a meter of square bright bar 1 3/4 £50.

Am I paying to much?

What do you pay for steel? 

Would it be worth while us using the same supplier as much as we can and asking for an IFI discount?

​Blimey where did you buy your steel?

I thought it sounded like a good price...

I just checked on Parkersteel website and for a 6-6.4metre length they want £85 plus £35 delivery plus VAT which comes to £144 .

The premium they want for for 2metres is eye-watering…£101.42 that is then plus Delivery and VAT...over £160 for a third of the material!

So no, you are definitely not paying too much…again where from? What do they charge for a full length?

Alan

​Blimey where did you buy your steel?

I thought it sounded like a good price...

I just checked on Parkersteel website and for a 6-6.4metre length they want £85 plus £35 delivery plus VAT which comes to £144 .

The premium they want for for 2metres is eye-watering…£101.42 that is then plus Delivery and VAT...over £160 for a third of the material!

So no, you are definitely not paying too much…again where from? What do they charge for a full length?

Alan

bogourd and harrys  .. located in sunny Guersey

Buy up what you can afford they are 20 year old prices!

Ebay for instance list 1000mm 40 x 40 at £20 plus £10 carriage. 

Alan

​Ill buy what i can over here then mind that meter of bright 13/4 cost me 50 quid. but when i move up ill be making 2 trips as i have to come back for my bikes.. might be able to buy up stuff for uk ebay myself haha

MInd you its only cheaper cos we dont pay vat here

• 2 months later...