I Forge Iron

Great meeting this month

I finaly got to see a Little Giant in operation, Iron in the hat had some really good stuff, and Bill was great. I'm two hours away and would gladly drive alot longer for these meetings. This is an awesome group of guys, and if you are within travel distance, and have'nt been , you don't know what you're missing. Thanks Mike, for answering all my questions,I got the new bearings in the blower last night and it's running smooth as Joe Camel now.
Now, about the anvil raffle. When I got home, I got a call from some fella' what was hollerin' bout global warmin' and such. He said I should probably demand a recount, as there was obviously a chad hung up on my ticket,which would explain why my anvil went home with some other smith :P

Thanks guys for puting these meetings on. I learn something every time. Looking forward to the next one.
Until Then, Happy Holidays,
Patrick & Michelle

We would like to extend an open invitation to anyone that would like to attend any of our events.
We strive to bring in the best demonstrators that we can .
Some of our demonstrators come from a long ways off such as Bill Epps comming from Mesquite Texas to Amelia county Virginia.
We are willing to do this for one reason and one reason alone and that is for the LOVE OF THE CRAFT.
The BLACKSMITH GUILD OF VIRGINIA has NO DUES and is solely supported by Iron in the hat and other member supported functions that allow us to provide the caliber of smiths that we feel everyone wants to see and learn from.
All that we ask is that if you attend
You bring something for IRON IN THE HAT ( preferably something that you made ) but at least something of some value to another smith. Participation in the iron in the hat is primarily what drives this group and the more participation and the better the quality of the iron in the hat items , the more it allows us to do.
That you rsvp to the president so we will know how much food and refereshments to have on hand.
That you contribute something to the donation jar ( usually suggested donation of $ 5.00 ) to cover the meals and refereshments.

We do have members that travel great distances to attend our meetings and we do strive to make each and every meeting as fresh and informative as we possibly can.
So make something for IRON IN THE HAT , bring five bucks for lunch and come join us for a full day of learning and a gathering of kindred spirits on the third saturday of each month .
Oh and one more thing
Please consider joining ABANA.

Mike Tanner

That turnout was a little low because it was "OPENING" day of regular firearms season for deer here in virginia.
I was up a daybreak to get things ready for the day and heard gunshots going off all around .
I just sat down at one of the picnic tables and said Hmmm.
Oh well maybe we will raffle another anvil off next year.

Mike Tanner