I Forge Iron

2nd bottle opener

mnt

Ok, yesterday I made number 2 forged opener.  I was out of 1/2 inch square, so I used 5/8.  I did better, and was faster too.

Changed the tip of the chisel into a better more pointed shape (wow, what a difference), and made a couple bigger drifts.  Thanks for the tips all.

Now I just wanna keep making more.

post-7911-0-43079900-1419532872_thumb.jp

Merry Christmas to all!!

How's it work? It's pretty easy to get into bottle opener mode, there's lots of directions and versions to play with. Twists are fun to dress them up with just bear in mind most ladies don't care for pineapple twists that much, the points being uncomfortable in their hands. They love cable twists though.

Frosty The Lucky.

How's it work? It's pretty easy to get into bottle opener mode, there's lots of directions and versions to play with. Twists are fun to dress them up with just bear in mind most ladies don't care for pineapple twists that much, the points being uncomfortable in their hands. They love cable twists though.

Frosty The Lucky.

This one works great.  Very easy to open a bottle with.  My openers still need some refining, but I'll get there. Good point on the twists (no pun intended)

Nice one. A small ball pein hammer (annealed and handled) makes a great tool for forging the lifting tab. Carry on!

Thanks, I'll give the ball pein hammer a try.  I have a few that can be messed with.

Ball pein hammers are excellent for making top tools, they're on my buy list for garage/yard/etc. sales along with smithing tools, punches, chisels, allen wrenches, etc.  They're ALL excellent tool making stock.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty The Lucky.

Having sold just short of $2000.00 worth of bottle openers since the beginning of December the ONLY thing I can say about who will like what is that there is simply NO way of telling.  Openers I thought no one would buy sell well.  Openers that I think are my best work sit unnoticed on the table.  I have sold pineapple and rubik's twist handled openers to plenty of women. There is just no way of predicting.  I did a crafts show at the beginning of December where I was the only male craftsperson and almost all of the others were grandmothers or middle aged women, all selling pretty girly stuff.  The vast majority of customers were also in the same two groups but despite that, I sold a LOT of openers over the course of that show.  I can remember a 75 year old woman (my best guess) who came up to my table and started looking at openers.  I approached her and asked, "do you have a craft beer drinker in the family?"  She answered," yes, me!"  She bought an opener for $50.00.