I Forge Iron

Propane supply newb question

Woodweavil

Ok I have a 500 gallon tank that supplies the house and cabin with heat, I've run a line to the shop to feed the forge from. The max pressure I can get from the tank is 12psi. Will this be enough pressure to obtain welding heat? I'm planning on using a atlas mini forge

Woodweavil, the short answer is yes, maybe.  So much depends on the design and tuning of your forge that it is impossible to say with absolute certainty.  Having said that, i obtain welding heat with my homemade rig using about 7 psi.  Good luck, be careful, and have fun!

Firefarm39

Looks like you have your answer, lol. Presuer creats velocity to drow in air, the amount of gas goes up as a secondary future, witch preduces more heat. Idealy you want to tune your burners to preduce a nearly nutral enviroment at max heat, this may mean a smaller jet, larger jet, jut pushed farther in to or pulled out farther in the burner, or higher or lower presure.