I Forge Iron

118 lb Hay Budden recently acquired for the museum collection.  The anvil is in great condition.  I have not checked the serial number yet.

post-10347-0-65579000-1417007217_thumb.j

Interesting that it came with a multi-slot half round swage that is saddle shaped, and fit this anvil perfectly.  It even has a hole that will line up with the pritchel hole for a pin to drop in, keeping it from moving.  I am wondering if it was made by HB for this anvil, or was an aftermarket addition.  There are no marking that I can find on the swage.

post-10347-0-46615000-1417007181_thumb.j

Greetings Josh,

Sweet lil HB ... You sure know how to find them .. I guess this means that I wii have to buy another lantern... Don't know if I like the idea of a large swage on the face of the anvil flop rattle and bounce.

Forge on and make beautiful things
Jum

The swage block covers about half of the face, and is a perfect fit.  It does not rattle or bounce.  The hole in it lines up perfectly with the pritchel hole, and a bolt can easily be dropped in to keep it from moving.  I was wondering in it could have been a factory item, since the fit on this anvil is so good.   It probably weights about 10 lbs.  I will get an exact weight tomorrow.