I Forge Iron

help support portal design loft iron

prejudice should make a loft for a local high 480 yards, for that purpose by a 180-beam ipe 3 meters long and supported by 2 pillars boxed 80x 80 x 3 mm, I'm creating a portal to support lean spars to which I will have to support the platform, the platform should have a capacity of 400 kg / m / q what can you tell me about what advice can you give me? I will have to use tricks that will not collapse Directory to all and achieve a robust, monolithic mathematical formulas that I have to apply? thanks to those who will want to help me look forward to the next hello tips and experiences

post-54545-0-96573200-1407256887_thumb.j

So, I think what you're saying is -

1. You're making a support beam (I beam?) for a loft or stage, and that it's got two support columns 80mm long x 3mm diameter.

2. It must support 400 kg per meter.

3. And then you're looking for advise on mathematical formula to calculate support vs. stress, and any tips we might have?

I can't help with the calculations......but I can kinda translate Google English to English. You're on your own getting the answer translated to Italian. :)

I would suggest you contact an engineer in your local area. He can look at the problem and make suggestions.

Vorrei suggerire di contattare un ingegnere nella tua zona. Si può guardare il problema e dare suggerimenti