I Forge Iron

CBA Wayne's World September 27, 28, 2014

Wayne's World 2014 ~ Jay Burnham-Kidwell Where Contact Instructor
When 8am on Sep 27 to 12pm on Sep 28

Please join us for a great demonstrator who has not been seen in So Cal for quite a while, Jay Burnham-Kidwell. Jay will be teaching on Damascus or pattern welded steel, on the power hammer (and the anvil too). Jay is known for quality and entertaining demonstrations and if you miss this chance to see him, you will be the poorer for it! Hands on in the shop is scheduled for the evening to put to use the skills learned in the day! Closed circuit TV monitors assure everyone a better than front seat view of the action! Items for the auction, iron in the hat, and the gallery are needed so don’t forget to bring your treasures to show and that thing rusting in the corner of the shop for the iron in the hat!

Help is needed for set up on Friday, Sept 26 and clean up after noon on the 28th, please consider helping, the satisfaction you get in return is much more than the effort you put out, not to mention the fellowship of some other great smiths. Tailgate sales are welcome so bring that extra equipment and possibly help out someone who was looking for that exact treasure!

Dry camping on site is free and encouraged as well as space in the shop for a sleeping bag or cot if you just can’t get enough blacksmithing! (upstairs, not on the cold concrete floor!)

Due to the expected high participation with hands on, please contact Wayne for the possibility of loaning additional forges and anvils if you are local. Due to fuel requirements please do not bring equipment without contacting Wayne Parris first.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Registration for this one is open now too btw, head over to www.calsmith.org and hit the link from the home page.

$95 for both days if you register before September 17, $105 afterwards and I think that has to be paid at the door.

Jay Kidwell is an amazing demonstrator and who doesn't like making Damascus?  This is coming up REAL soon so if you are interested get on it ASAP!

You must also be a current CBA member to attend, it will give you the option to register or renew if you need to.

See you there!

• 4 weeks later...

Great event and great people :) Made my first billet of Damascus which I will start working into a project in the near future, ill get some photos up here or in a separate topic at some point.

BK it was great hanging out with you even if we didn't realize it until Sunday :)