I Forge Iron

1 cwt Massey for sale

I might buy it yet (if its cheap enough :) - its remarkably difficult to make money from used small hammers, factor in a bit of transport (with a hiab), bit of cleaning up, putting it under power to test it, few bits of repairs, waiting 6 months to find a buyer, being haggled down by said buyer, constant Q & A for a couple of weeks after they install it (no site visits if your lucky) - rent, rates, yada yada yada

a

I thought you might have gone for it instead of the Blacker ! (though spose it would be a Big.F.O single phase motor for you)

I was thinking of powering it via a 16HP Listeroid stationary engine. By the time I'd bought the hammer, found a way of powering it, moved it, installed etc I'd have spent about the same as buying the Blacker and a 25kg Anyang.

Bruce, put my name down for it, so long as you include shipping to manchester (ferry costs included :)

Imagedude, quite wise! - I speak to alot of blacksmiths, the conversation generally goes along the line of '

" What hammer have you got then ? "

" a 2cwt, (or 3, 5cwt), got it real cheap "

"cool, any good?"

" well, its in the yard at the moment, ive not quite put it in yet "

The only power hammer that is really any good at all is the one thats in your shop, hammering !

(the ebay ones still at