I Forge Iron

What do you want to see demonstrated at Quadstate 2014???

EtownAndrew posted down in the events section, about Quadstate 2014.

I have been asked to be a demonstrator there and to pick a mentor or smith who has been an inspiration to me, to work with me.

I had a few thoughts on who to ask because there are so many that have helped me, and I've learned from so many. Some of the greatest inspiration I've received has come from people I've never yet even met.

A few weeks ago, I acted as Mr Clay Spencer's assistant instructor at John C Campbell, for his traditional joinery class.
Afterwards, I asked him if he would help me with the Quadstate demonstrations, and he agreed.

We are discussing possibilities of what to demonstrate, over the weekend. Right now, the only parameter I have, is to stick with traditional iron work.

We will have a total of 9.5 hours to work. 6.5 hours is official demonstration time with an additional 3 hours to finish up informally on Sunday.

So the question is, what would you like to see done? If you have something you would like to see us make, or particular techniques / elements you'd like to see covered, then let me know.

Include pictures if possible.

Thanks!