I Forge Iron

Buffalo blower

SpankySmith

So I went to my first forge group meeting today and bought an old rusty Buffalo Blower off one of my instructors. It works perfectly (he said he had to clear some mud dauber nests out of it) but was rough looking on the outside, rust and chipping gray paint competing to see who would win. I'm a girl so we like our things pretty, so I took it apart, cleaned it up and used some silver paint I had leftover. Turned out pretty nice.

post-53103-0-71415700-1398544548_thumb.j

Now I just gotta figure out how to mount it. The way my forge is set up it would be tremendously convenient if I can mount this on its back rather than up and down, with the handle rotating on top of what must be the oil pan, horizontally rather than vertically. Can I do that? Will it compromise either functionality or lubrication or ??

Now I just gotta figure out how to mount it. The way my forge is set up it would be tremendously convenient if I can mount this on its back rather than up and down, with the handle rotating on top of what must be the oil pan, horizontally rather than vertically. Can I do that? Will it compromise either functionality or lubrication or ??

You mean like this:

phil_rmsc_zps5aa814bf.jpg

Yes.

I think she means rotated 90 deg so the handle sticks *up* compared to that.  I have a travel set up where I use the blower with the handle up and so far it's worked.

Mine is mounted horizontally as in the picture.  They are made to be mounted vertically.  You can pretty much change the attitude of the fan housing in 90 degree increments with those Buffalos.