I Forge Iron

New shop

I am putting the finishing touches on my new shop. It's 10'X12' with 6'X8' double doors. What a change from working in the driveway. No more hour set up and breakdown time just open the doors turn on the forge and go

post-5763-0-50990600-1398477260_thumb.jp

post-5763-0-83558700-1398477294_thumb.jp

post-5763-0-68082900-1398477327_thumb.jp

post-5763-0-63661300-1398477430_thumb.jp

Thanks. And she is already staking out a spot for her little anvil. Maybe I can add a wing for her later

Maybe she'll let you put on an addition for yourself. Little girls who like to do what Daddy does usually have him around her finger pretty securely. It's just SWEET to  see. <BFG>

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings Otto,

Great shop ..  I might suggest with that design a pop up skylight for ventilation and light....  I have two in my small shop and love them...   A rear window would also be a great addition..   You are also going to need a box for your cute lil striker to stand on ..  Have fun and congrats...

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Greetings Otto,

Great shop ..  I might suggest with that design a pop up skylight for ventilation and light....  I have two in my small shop and love them...   A rear window would also be a great addition..   You are also going to need a box for your cute lil striker to stand on ..  Have fun and congrats...

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Excellent points all Jim but I think you have the striker thing backwards. <wink>

Frosty The Lucky.

I have vents in the roofline and one window on the side. Do you get too much light with the skylight ? And I may need to build the kid a shop so I don't get in her way ;)

And yes that is a NC knife maker forge. It's nice but I am thinking of turning into a single burner to save fuel. The two heat zones seem to be a waste.

I still have a 10'X25' weld shop that I keep most of the big machines and grinders in. Hopefully I won't run out of room for a bit. But you are right if you have room a tool gets put there. But the shop cost me my tool budget for the year so I will be fine till next year ;)

And Neg. That's one nice shop

I second the skylights although mine do not open. There are three skylights in my shop, which face south, and I find the amount and quality of light perfect for blacksmithing. They are definitely worth the expense.

brad

• 4 weeks later...