I Forge Iron

unknown anvil, help is appreciated

So, I've been stumbling over this anvil at my work, 50 kg/110 lb one, no idea what brand it is and the face has taken some heavy abuse so I'm really wondering whether to ask about it, I took some photos today

post-29278-0-68495000-1395697727_thumb.j here's the side showing the weight 

post-29278-0-85303100-1395697756_thumb.j top view, a bit blurry shot and it isn't that visible on the steel table too

post-29278-0-02375800-1395697791_thumb.j some of the damages, im pretty sure that's either from an O/A torch or a grinder, there are many more of those too

post-29278-0-66335700-1395697832_thumb.j same as last

post-29278-0-58251600-1395697954_thumb.j and here's what's been causing me a headache ever since i saw this, I swear that I've seen this before, but i can't by any means remember what maker that is, if anyone here would know, I'd greatly appreciate him or her sharing this information and maybe some information on those anvils, if they have any experience of them

and also, if anyone has any advice on how to fix  the face, my guess would just be those hard-facing rods I've been hearing about and some patience and carefulness with a grinder, that's atleast how I intend to fix it, if it's for sale

one thing i forgot to mention, i actually know the guy who would have the authority, he's an old classmate of my dads and a good friend.

and also my manager i think the word is, he's the guy you go to if you need information on what to do next

I'll have a nice chat with him on thursday

• 3 years later...

I just stumbled upon this topic while browsing through my old content and as far as I can recall that's a Skoda anvil, I saw another one for sale on facebook not so long ago with a more crisp logo and that's without a doubt the skoda logo, just in case anyone should find their way to this thread at some point in the future and would want to know the answer