I Forge Iron

New smith in VA

jrenner253

Howdy Y'all, wanted to say hi. I am a soldier currently stationed at Fort Lee. I recently built my forge and have been working it for about 2 weeks now. I look forward to learning from y'all and hopefully meeting some of the local smiths here. As far as my forge focus. I eventually would like to make knives, but am now learning the basic stuff.

Take it easy y'all.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you and thank you for Serving.

There's a pretty active smithing group in your neck of the woods, check the regional organizations section at the bottom of IFI's front page for the one nearest to you. . . all. <grin>

If you haven't read it on the forums already, pull up a comfy chair, pack a lunch and something to drink and start reading the site. Almost anything you can ask has already been answered probably several times. It's in no way a complete collection of information but it's more than enough to give you a decent grounding so your questions will be good ones and whatever we may answer will make sense. . . Well, some days I don't make much sense even if I'm right. It's a dented head thing.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

Welcome jrenner253.

Check out the Central Virginia Blacksmith Guild

cvbg.org

Also check our forum below in the Blacksmithing Groups area hereon iFI.

Our next meeting is tomorrow, we will be down in your area the second Saturday of June.

You can also contact us at cvbgboard@gmail.com